Band pulls are a resistance exercise for your shoulders, forearms, and middle back.
This exercise is called a band pull, band pulls, and band pull aparts. The name comes from the equipment used, a resistance band, and the action of pulling your arms in opposite directions.
Resistance bands are inexpensive and come with different resistance levels.
Here’s how to do a Band Pull:
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Hold the resistance band with your arms stretched out in front of you.
- Your arms should be parallel to the floor and level so that the band is about chin height.
- Stretch your arms apart and squeeze your shoulder blades together until your arms make a straight line with your body.
- Slowly return to the starting position.
The personal trainers in these videos are using some technical language to describe the band pull exercise. However, I think it’s clear in the video what they are talking about.
Band Pull Video 1
The important point in this video is how to move your shoulder blades.
Band Pull Video 2
Here’s another personal trainer showing how he does the band pull apart.